Mindful Trust-Building Meetings
Restructure meetings. Start with a 5 minute mindfulness exercise—-a practice that can replicated at the onset of all meetings. Perhaps you want to bring in a facilitator for this first ‘launch’. (Yes, I’d love to help you out with this!) Have a brief discussion about mindfulness and the growth mindset so everyone is up to speed with the latest science, and can share their own perceptions.
The Re-Structured Approach:
Have each member communicate feedback during meetings using positive communication that includes the following:
- Validation of Ideas
Validate team member’s contributions, even if simply their enthusiasm and passion.
- Advantages of Ideas Proposed
Invite conversation about the advantages of the ideas proposed.
- Disadvantages of Ideas Proposed
Invite conversation about potential disadvantages of the ideas proposed.
- Key Learnings (What did we learn from the proposed ideas? What do we need to learn more about?)
This elicits conversation (and observation) of a fixed/stagnant team vs. a growth mindset team. A facilitator has the unique advantage to point this out when first being implemented. It prevents the team from emotionally vulnerable reactions.
- Appreciation For Divergent Thinking Acknowledgment
Show appreciation for risk-taking.
- Improved Team Trust
- Increased Receptivity To Team Feedback
- Greater Efficiency in Decision-Making
- Broader Acceptance of Diverse Thinking
- Greater Consistency of a Team Growth Mindset
Would you like to continue the conversation?
I can help you scale these practices across your organization!
Set up a call here and tell me what you’re interested in discussing.